Re: Re: bizarre practices

I said:

>>They don't always eat the storks<<

No, they don't eat storks, but Toc has been known to decapitate the odd
pigeon.  Groan!  Sorry for the spelling!

Susan wrote:

>>If adding a handful of sunflower seeds to the horse's ration is causing a
marked improvement in the horse's feet, then there's something seriously
wrong with the basic ration.<<

That was my take on it, too.

One thing I have noticed is that bedding them on the shavings / husk mix has
improved their feet somewhat.  Their feet are shinier, and someone said that
it was because of the oil which is still in the husks.  Not sure whether
that is actually true, or if it's just coincidental (now that they are home
with me, their feet tend to get better care than when they were in livery).

One "bizarre" thing I've noticed recently is that PG has taken to chomping
on my XC jumps, well one in particular : it is a pile of logs which are
starting to crumble.  He eats entire sections of the log, and there is a
beautiful, green round bale of hay in his paddock.

Tracey