RE: Akhel Teke

Lisa,

It’s Akhal-Teke.

On the east coast, Phil and Margot Case are still your best bet.  In addition to several stallions they stand, their breeding manager Allegra has a beautiful Elite graded Golden Dun Stallion she stands at their farm as well.  You can see him at:

http://www.symsysresearch.com/RockbridgeAkhalTeke/

The numbers of pure breds and crosses are still few and far between in the US.  At this time, there are probably only 200 pure breds in the US.  As for Akhal-Tekes in endurance, there are two competing on this year’s 2001 XP race from St. Joseph to Virginia City.  According to the reports I’m getting, these two are doing one hell of a good job.  Their rider, Jas Shearer-McMahon, has received very positive feedback on her two Akhal-Tekes, which include the Elite graded stallion Astrakhan.  She’s already received firm interest in breeding him to endurance mares form other riders on the 2001 XP.  You can see him at:

http://hometown.aol.com/jaslivco/myhomepage/business.html

Hope this helps.  Please let me know if you need more information.

Steve Hallmark