getting started

Dorothy Clement dorothyclement@hotmail.com
Last night I posted a message about learning more about endurance riding
and failed to put where I live. I am in North Carolina, specifically
Greensboro; the middle of the state. After doing a bit of research on the
web I found that there is a ride at the end of Sept in Asheville NC at the
Biltmore property. How realistic is it to ride a 25 mile trek for the
first time? How much riding do we need to be doing a day/week to prepare
for this? and am I crazy? I am currently riding about 5 times a week
roughly 1 hour each. I have a 6 year old Egyptian arabian. Would love to
hear from Ya'll! Dorothy