Re: RC: Black Walnut

Hi Teddy and RC'rs.  I have a "new pasture", that is, it is newly fenced, and we haven't turned the horses out in it yet, as we need to remove some construction material.  It is about an acre, with flat areas and a steep hill. It has grassy spots, a number of oak and Eucalyptus trees and two or three Walnut trees that are on the steep hill. I am debating in my mind if I should have the walnut trees removed. They are tall and shady. My neighbor across the road has some in her pasture, and also Avocados, and her various horse's have been in there for 40 years, with no harm done. Do you all think I should remove my Walnut trees? Or should I wrap them with wire? Or are they okay the way they are?  We are planning on planting grass seed at intervals so the horse's can munch.  Thanks for your ideas.   Beth