Anthrax

It appears that there is an anthrax outbreak in south Texas.  A ranch
hand in Del Rio contracted the disease after skinning an animal.
Newspaper said there are horses, cattle, and deer who have contracted
it.

I talked to my vet this morning when I took in a blood sample. He is
looking into it.  We are planning on vaccinating against anthrax as I am
planning rides in that area, and also it isn't that far from us either.
I will have my horse at his clinic on Thursday for sonagrams.

Have any of you vaccinated horses against anthrax?  Is this done?  What
sort of side effects are there?  Any thoughts appreciated.

Kris