Chipping hoof walls

Okay, this one touches home with me, especially this time of year.  I have a
13 year old mare with a club foot (RF).  Most of the time, it's manageable,
I trim the heels/bars/frog (the frog really grows fast!) to keep it more
balanced.  Summer time gets tougher.  She chips the toe off really short.
Her previous owner put shoes on in the summer.  I've been hoping to find a
different route.  She gets a biotin supplement.  She hates getting her feet
wet, so soaking is less than desirable, and from what I've been reading
here, probably not real useful anyway.  I've wondered about some of the
synthetic glue/caulk type applications - just for her toe.  I've never seen
her act lame.  She tears up the pasture more than the other horses, and is
very athletic.  She just has this steep hoof that wants to chip off the toe
in the summer.

Suggestions?

Kris in Idaho