Re: OrthoFlex and $$$

Having found this out the hard way fairly recently (though not via OF), it's
worth noting that even if OF clearly owes you money, if the company or an
individual files for bankruptcy, you'll be barred from following through
with any legal action until its settled through the courts, and you may be
standing in a very long line along with other creditors to get your money
back.  In my case, the monies were "unsecured", so it was a lost cause.
It's much easier if the money was paid through a credit card, as most credit
card companies (at least, all of mine do) have a procedure for you to
protest their paying out a credit card charge, even after the fact, even if
you did so in good faith at the time.  Not receiving merchandise in timely
fashion is a legitimate reason for them to charge back the money to your
account.  Much older and wiser, I *always* try to pay through a credit card
these days if I possibly can.

However, it didn't sound yet as though Len was contemplating outright
bankruptcy---let's hope another company buys the business, delivers the
promised goods and improves the customer service problems that OF's had in
the past.

In the meantime, I certainly agree that creating paper trails via
**certified** mail is an excellent idea (wife of litigator attorney speaking
here)---the more you can indisputably prove your own good faith efforts, the
better off you'll be.  BTW, if it ever comes to any sort of litigation, the
courts look much more kindly on courteous and succinct correspondence over
vituperative rants.

Hope everyone avoids losing their deposits.  Getting ripped off is a bitch.

Susan G