Re: Whacking a horse between the ears

Hi All -

I "cured" Bobby of a rearing habit, aged ten years and lost 20 lbs. all in
about two seconds, and I wasn't even trying to! He was being bad and stood
up one time, and before I could swing off, he fell over on his side, pinning
my right leg. He rose to a sternal position in a split second, and I debated
very quickly whether to swing my left leg over, but not quickly enough! All
of a sudden he was up and standing there looking back around at me,  his
expression was a cross between "What the h*** was that?", and "Gee Mom, you
sure are a good rider, that was my special best trick and you didn't even
move! Guess I won't try THAT again". We were both shaking, and he has never
tried or even given a hint of rearing since. That was about six years ago.

I know someone who rides a lot of sale horses, they have used the water
balloon trick with great results.

Ride Safe -
Cheryl in WNY
Horse Kids Kit, Bobby & Dani

p.s. Mis Kit has never reared higher than probably 6" (in playing only) in
the thirteen years I've owned while Dani has waayyy too much fun on those
hinders :>0.