Re: Because nice counts

Linda B. Merims lbm@ici.net

Annie George <ageorge@vtc.net> said:

>I agree Linda, it seems some people are just trying to see how nasty they
can be.  I find that
>they usualy are quite meak in person.  I wonder about their emotional
stability, and self esteem
>issues.  Annie G.

For illumination on this ridiculous thread, I refer you to
Lyn Mikel Brown (Dept. of Education and Human
Development, Colby College) and Carol Gilligan's (Prof.
of Human Development and Psychology, Harvard University)
seminal work:

_Meeting at the Crossroads:  Women's Psychology and Girls'
Development_, Harvard University Press, 1992.  ISBN 0-674-546464-2.

In particular, read the chapter "Jessie:  The Tyranny of Nice and
Kind."

Linda B. Merims
lbm@ici.net
Massachusetts, USA