Re: RC: RE: Re: Butler on Barefoot/Strasser/fads...

In a message dated Sat, 30 Jun 2001  3:43:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Darolyn Butler-Dial <darolyn@swbell.net> writes:

<< Darolyn's response:  the race U must be talking about is the Montell Cliff
hanger... I love a friendly discussion on all of this... but Heidi, please
don't invalidate yourself or me/barefooting by getting black & white facts
exaggerated.  I've taken the liberty of printing the pull results from AERC
standings on the Cliff Hanger as this was the only ride this spring where
our group had a mass pull.  (BTW... only 11 of 21 starters finished.)

Now as U can see from the results... it was 5 horses, not 7, & 3 lamenesses
not 7.  The other's were overtime.  >>

I stand corrected.  What I was actually told was that 7 horses had suspensory problems.  Whether all of them were removed from competition or not was not made clear--I assumed all 7 were removed for that reason, but apparently not.  I've also heard of suspensory problems in other Strasser horses elsewhere, so I don't think this case was unique.

Heidi