Re: RC: Rearing

At 11:40 PM 6/26/01, you wrote:
>   They don't like exposing their bellies, and if you let them know that
> it is exposed, they'll try to protect it, and they can only do that if
> the front feet are on the ground.

I really, really like this advice!  I like training methods that work with
a horse's psychology and work *gently* and *calmly*.  Matching force to
force just isn't ever going to work with something that's much larger and
stronger than we are.  I always figure that our best training tool is our
brains.

Lif Strand
Quemado NM  USA
STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RIDE June 8, 2002
* Distance Riding group/individual mentoring programs
* Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
* Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options