Re: RC: Rearing

In a message dated 6/26/01 10:46:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jrd@foothill.net writes:

> The tie down is a training device, and should be used under
>  training circumstances, not for a trail ride where you will find obstacles
>  that could be a safety hazard to your horse.

I agree.  Keep in mind, I don't have raging rivers or mountains down here in
Central Florida, so I might be able to get away with using a tie down on the
trail when you cannot.

Let's just forget the tie down for a second.  My point was riding the horse
in a two point stance, with your hand on it's neck, above the withers. I'd
like to know if anyone else has tried this with a horse that rears?

cya,
Howard