Re: RC: absess

Angie, that's the way I do it, too.  I don't like the easyboot because
it's such a pain to fool with that everytime I want to check it, and it
can get wet in there.  The reason I suggested changing twice a day is
because they wear off the duct tape walking around.  If you wanted to go
all day, just slap on a few extra strips of duct tape on the bottom that
evening.

Ichthammol, like it's name sounds, is "icky".  There is another product,
which I learned about from Ken Marcella, called "Magnapaste".  It's also
a "drawing salve", but it's pleasant, green, minty, and is the
consistency of light, sticky axle grease  (but not greasy) with a little
sand (probably the salt) in it.  Verrry nice stuff and works as well, if
not better than Icthammol.  Problem is, can't seem to get it anywhere
except from Ken's place over at Chattahoochee Equine. Anybody know an
online source?

Jim and Sun of Dimanche