15th day, 2001 XP

It's even hotter today!  It's 99 in the shade.  This will be our last full
ride day in Nebraska.  Next week we'll go into Wyoming.  The trail was
beautiful today.  I'm uploading photos now from earlier this week
(www.endurohorse.com) but won't get todays up for another day or two.

We had a really great week, everything going good with both horses.  Weav
did 2 days, and Rocky did 3.  Next week I'll try and switch them
around.  Weav has been keeping (gaining) his weight well, while Rocky is
doing well but not quite as good, he's probably down about 25 pounds so
far.  I hope that having three days off will allow him to put it back.

We're staying at the Flying Bee ranch, that we rode right by today on the
ride.  The rest of the ride went to the fairgrounds in Scottsbluff, which
was a little farther to go. This way, Weav got to be turned out in a large
arena all day and now both horses have a place to stay overnight besides
being tied to the trailer. They've been living like that for a month now,
and I really like to have them get some room to move around.  Plus we can
sleep in peace.  Being in a large ridecamp like we have been every night
along with wild turkeys and trains, and horses getting tangled up in
ropes......kinda hard to get a good nights sleep, maybe 4-5 hours each
night, if we're lucky.  It's been so hot that makes it hard to sleep too.

I rode this morning with Tinker and Kayla.  Tinker pulled at lunch, so
Kayla and I continued.  We also rode with Jim and Jamie Mitchell.  The
afternoon trail was really nice, we went up and down some real hills,
beautiful canyons and really gorgeous scenery.  The footing was
excellent.  Crews did an exceptional job of keeping the horses watered and
cooled.

I better get off of this thing!

Happy XP Trails,

Karen