Re: RC: PBA with Saddlebred bloodlines - strange gait?

Judith,

This bascially a "slow rack". She should also have a fast rack which may come out later. The best way to get is is to move her on faster and faster at the walk until she does it - even for a step or two and then back off a praise. If she breaks into a trot then back off to a walk, say nothing and start.

Use contact with the bit to raise her head slightly when doing this and sit deep - that's deep not back. The thing to watch out for is that she doesn't hollow her back when she does this. You want her on the bit and rounded not head pulled back and back hollowed.

Miles and miles of pushing on the walk should her her.

Truman