Re: RC: Stallion Behavior

In a message dated 6/22/01 6:38:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com writes:

<< Amen, Jim!  And if the stallion is still in a "learning curve" then make
him wait outside the crowd until the others are done. >>

Well, I saw what the original poster was complaining about.  The guy posting
was standing at the water tub with his very mannerly stallion and another
rider allowed the other horse to come up to the stallion and being nosing at
the stallion to move the stallion over.  At least that's how it appeared to
me.  Shoot, my mare won't tolerate that kind of behavior from another horse
when she's thirsty and trying to drink.  Further, the guy who originally
posted was standing next to the stallion in what was quickly going to be the
strike zone.  The other rider wasn't trying to be a jerk, they just weren't
paying enough attention.

Rhonda