LD was ?UTF-8?Q

> > While I 'm at it, If we had some kind of limit on the number of
> times you> > could be BC, top ten, or  first place in the LD,>
>snip<

>>And what will this accomplish? It rings too much like the "no
> valedictorian > in high schools because someone else might feel bad"
argument.

I disagree, it would more be like, Albert Einstein can't keep competing
for Valedictorian even when he's 40...or, you can't continue to win MVP
on the Little League team when you're 18.  By the way, practically every
ride around these parts gives top 10 awards to LD...and a BC.  At
Kentucky Horse Park I watched the BC winner of the LD carry away a
ceremonial saddle donated by the Prince of Morroco, *and* a monogrammed
cooler, *and* a nice top 10 canvas haybag and thought, "Good Grief! no
wonder people don't want to move up.  You really have to wean yourselves
from the prizes if you want to move up in distance and start completing
at the next level up whether it's 50 or 100. There's so much incentive to
stay down.

Angie

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.