Re: RC: Re: Malibu rudeness

In a message dated 6/19/2001 11:22:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jsalas@tampabay.rr.com writes:

"It provides a
wonderful stepping stone into endurance and also fills in the shorter
distance rider needs."
I am not sure what fellow ridecamper wrote this but
some of the shorter distance riders need to race, just like every one else.
So let's not tell people how to ride with the exception of the rules
already in place. Why is it ok for 50 milers to run like a bat out of hell
but not LD?

    I am the fellow ridecamper that wrote that comment.  Once again, it's
not a race, so how is there a winner?
    Maybe you should start a new LD's of the World Racing Orginaztion?  It
can be races between 10 to 30 miles.  This way there will be a winner in the
LDWRO.
    But for now, AERC doesn't offer this.... & I'm glad.  LD rides are
needed as a stepping stone into endurance.  That is why AERC started LD
riding in the first place.
         Also, AERC Endurance Riding is described as a marked trail
consisting of 50 miles or more, .......etc., etc.

Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Ranch & Products
661/513-9169 or 661/713-3912