Re: Black horses and cooling

Dru tdmonte@theriver.com
 I ride a 16 hand black arab/quarter cross in 90-100
degree heat every day, on the Arizona and Mexico boarder.       Buddy is a top ten finisher and obviously used to being black, we have no problems now, but it did take a year longer for
him to adapt to the sport than most arabs I have ridden, but I
think that is more related to his large size, not his color.
Dru (if you like dry heat , come on down !)