Sneakers !!

Hi Jen-
 I guess you have solved the sore butt problem, and are now working on your
feet !  Seems like some part always hurts !  I used boots, then riding
sneakers, ( horseshoes, Ropers, etc. )  and now I will only ride in Saucony
cross trainer type sneakers.  There are many types available- I go to Big 5
and get something in last season's colors. They all look the same to me,
especially after they get dusty !  They have a wider toe box that makes me
very happy !  I use a pair of calf high cotton socks, then my suede half
chaps and I am a happy woman !  The plus is that some models have a bit of a
grid for super traction if you get off and run or walk.  I use Easy Rider
stirrups, so I feel safe w/ these.  Good Luck !! - Heidi Helly