re: bad colt

I agree with Hiedi we had a colt like this, we imprinted him, he was just born bad.  He did not want anything to do with us.  So we did the basics halter training, worming, shots and gelded him and left him alone as he wished.  He is now a very mellow almost doggy 4 year old.  He decided it was time to get along with humans when he was a long two year old.  We just let him hang out in the field with the herd until then he was ready.