The sentry horse/young horse/any horse!

You already know how to keep your mare going forward. You said that when you are in the power trot mode she goes on without much fuss. That is because you have given her a job to focus on. Even when you are walking you can circle trees, side pass, back and circle, anything to keep her mind busy. Then she won't be looking for things to do. I also had this problem with my horse Odd Todd, and Chris Cox told me that I was using my poor skills as an excuse for the way my horse was behaving. Ooooo. That stung! It was true. I also had to "ride on the defense", or so I thought which put poor Odd Todd on the lookout. Once I stopped looking for other things to grab his attention and started giving him things to keep his attention on us, we started having wonderful, galloping rides. Ahhh, what a great feeling. Ride 'em any way you can! Lisa Salas, The Odd FARm