Re: RC: Re: non-member fees

jsalas@tampabay.rr.com writes:

While some of us love to argue it is easier for others to let people slide
than to argue with them while you have 20 people standing in line. And if
after having spent 6 months preparing for a ride as RM and spending lots
and lots of money to put on a ride,  and then listening to people gripe
after the ride, (there is always a few) I certainly would not expect a bill
from the AERC office telling me I owed them anything.

Interestingly enough, I have never had anyone gripe about the non-member fee.
 Once in a while the AERC office detects a rider who claimed to be a member
and wasn't, so I am charged the non-member fee.  I go after the rider,
politely tell them that it has been discovered they are not a member, I have
been charged for their fee, and ask them to send it to me.  I haven't been
refused yet, but should I be, I will just persist until it is paid.  There
are seldom over about 4 riders who are not members, and so far this has not
been a problem.  I err by not requiring membership cards shown at
registration.  I should make certain next year to advertise ahead of time
that we will be asking to see them.

Barbara

West region director
Manager, Swanton Pacific 75/100