RHINO BREAKOUT IN PA

Sorry to cross post, but this is important.

There has been an outbreak of a type of Rhino that there is no
vaccination for. I believe one of the list members from Wintop Farms
mentioned it earlier this week. This is serious folks. From my two
counties of Columbia  and Montour, 12 horses are already at Cornell
being treated. Several barns have been quartentined as of yesterday, and
all travelling, trail rides, shows, etc, are stopped for at least two
weeks. This is really scary, as the one barn is only 1/2 an hour away.
THERE IS NO VACCINATION FOR THIS STRAIN OF RHINO.

Horses will go off their feed, and become lethargic, and display a
fever, etc. Older and young horses are at risk for their lives, horses
in
good health have a chance if they get immediate help.

This is AIRBORN. Anything that has it and gets within 20 feet of your
horse can infect them.

On top of everything else, now I have to worry about this. They believe
it came from a hanovarian barn near Reading, PA. By the time they
realized there was something wrong, it was well being spread.

Thank God my horses have their own barn, and no one is close by.

--
 Helga Loncosky
THE ARCHIVAL MORGAN RECORD--Registry for Foundation and Half-Morgans

The path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.

"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the
inside of a man"--Winston Churchill