Re: RC: Re: Re: Re: Electrolyting

> I'd love some input on mine:
>
> 1 part epsom salts
> 1 part potassium chloride
> 3 parts coarse salt
> 1 part calcium carbonate
> 1 part dicalcium phosphate.

Tracy, I tried using dicalcium phosphate for the calcium in mine since it
gave me comfort that it was labeled for horse consumption. It was pointed
out to me that the reason we add calcium is to balance the phosphorous.
Trouble is, the Dicalcium phosphate has phosphorous too so you're not
getting anywhere by adding it.  Like I said before, I just use two parts
salt, two parts lite salt and one part calcium.  I think I've decided to
pass on the Epsom salts after all.  He eats plenty and there's a variety
of stuff. Hopefully he gets any bit of magnesium he needs in the feed.

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.