Pastern Angle

Title: Pastern Angle

There is a little disagreement among folks re: the pastern bottom paralell to the ground issue.
To me, it is just as important to have P1, P2, P3 (coffin, fetlock and pastern bones)  straight without
any broken axis.  Xrays are great to make sure there is no coffin bone rotation, but a broken axis
can be very visible without xrays.   Having dealt with one high heel and one low heeled horse for
a couple of years, these kind of issues drove me crazy trying to make sure that he was shod correctly.
I had some good lateral xrays done a year ago and all my guy’s bones were nicely aligned even though
The hoof capsules had different angles in the front from each other.   Gawd, Bob, e-mail me a decent
Farrier to San Jose!

K.