Max and Defy the fly

My heart goes out to Chris and Kris. They must feel terrible, trying to forgive themselves for whatever they can imagine could have been changed.    Although I've never had such a horrific thing happen, I have had a number of $100. mistakes. Screw ups, and lapses in my own  good judgement, that result in the outlay of $100.    Trying to do something "brave" and shredding my riding tights, and leg on branches,   I don't know ...lots of little things, that you've probably all done. Broken tack, put the wrong horses together and someone gets kicked. That kind of stuff. Then I berate myself, "We'll that was brilliant, there goes another $100."    The worst one I've recently done, was to let my mare out at liberty after  two weeks of being  cooped up during rain storms and she slipped and destroyed her fetlock.  Of course, if I had got on her for a ride, I may have been the one with an injury, the way she was feeling. Or both of us.  And why did I let her paw when she was impatient? That was a $1000 mistake. She screwed her injured leg up even more by pawing with it.   See, hindsight is indeed 20:20
           As for the Defy the Fly---It works real well on my allergic pony. She gets such bad skin rashes she has to have a cortisone shot. We don't like to do that and risk the founder, as per my vet.   Wierdly enough (Susan G., you listening?)  her allergies have subsided tremendously since I put her on Purina Senior and beet pulp as part of her ration. It's easier to control her weight too.  Charmy is about 30 years old now (but thinks she's 20 ha ha!)  Beth