Ortho-Flex stirrup pinch/wear

I've done a lot of miles with the 2" biothane "leathers".  I cut the
leather sleeve off, turn them so that the flat side of the buckle faces
the saddle and the sharp side faces my leg (it's OK).  The "clamp" closes
downwards the way I have them; then I run them up until they are just
below my knee in the hollow above my calf.  I never feel them at all when
I have it right.  No rub, nothing.  I do have to move them around to get
them right every time I change the length, which is often, according to
speed and terrain.  If you're getting lots of wear on your saddle you may
be pumping your legs.  I don't get the windshield wiper type wear like I
used to now that my leg is quieter, but I can see that someday I'm going
to wear through the saddle...but I don't think it's going to happen any
faster than I'm wearing through the rest of it.  By the way, I do wear
half chaps.  I very much prefer these free swinging stirrups to the ones
with fenders.  I'm short and fenders are almost always too long, making
it hard for the stirrup to turn, and you're really locked in as to where
you have to let the buckle ride.

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.