pyrethrins/Freedom product

Christine pinarca@nu.com
Since my orignal post warning of pyrethrins and cats (which was
info given from a friends vet) I have noticed that this chemical
is in most other insect repellents.  I now wonder why the vet
made a point of that to my friend... he never said to not use
the product though, to just use caution around cats.  I have no
idea why he would make that comment in relation to the Freedom
product, but not other pyrethrin based products.  So, who knows.
It has been almost a week since I have applied Freedom, I am
fairly happy with it... I noticed after riding on saturday that
many mosquitos were buzzing around my horse, but very few were
actually landing on him.  The one thing that I would do differently is to apply a dab on his belly as well, it seemed
as though that is where they were all heading while I was
riding.  On sunday I used a bug spray on his belly to see if that would help but 1/2 way through the ride he was being bothered by the bugs, but not real bad.  So far I am pleased with
the product, this horse is extremely sensitive to bugs and I have
noticed he is not running into the barn as frequently as he used
to in order to get away from the bugs.  I have to think this
stuff is working pretty well.  I would be interested in hearing
how other people like it and what they think of an extra dab on
the belly.

Christine