Re: RC: My butt STILL hurts and I'm frustrated!

Hi Jennifer,
    It may not be your seatbones.  After suffering the same feeling, I
finally realized that it is the muscles/ligaments around my hip joints
that hurt in a wide twist saddle so not I look specifically for narrow
twists.  Sharon's older saddles are all wide but I think she now makes a
narrow twist because a lot of women have this problem.  There is some
relationship between the width of the tree (for the horse) and the width
of the twist (for the rider) but a wide tree doesn't have to mean a wide
twist. It's hard to change the twist once a saddle is made.
    If you aren't taking lessons from a good riding teacher, it is
something to think about.  The way you sit also affects how the saddle
feels.  Don't give up on seatsavers even though they feel a little odd at
the beginning; they are a great fix that are cheaper than a new saddle.
Good luck!
Laney