Little Manistee/Rest of the Story

Now before I finish, I need to share my husband's pit crew story...as always, Nelson is THERE and helping and encouraging and will help and encourage everybody else as well.  At the last place where Nelson was crewing for us, we could see and hear dirt bikers in the distance coming toward us on OUR trail hell bent for leather.  I was pretty ticked.  In fact, we made it to the truck and Malik started to drink just as one guy pulled up to a screeching halt next to us and shut his motor off....fortunately for me, all Malik cared about was his drink and he didn't even look up!!!  Go figure!  Anyway, this guy's buddy had just flipped his dirt bike and was hurt pretty badly.  In fact, we later found out that two dirt bikes collided with each other.  One guy was banged up but the other was pretty busted up with broken leg, cut and bleeding, etc.  Nelson took the sandy two track back in to see if he could help and Jenny and I went on our way.  As it turned out, Nelson went back to Luther to call for help as he didn't think he should try and move the guy and waited for the ambulance to lead them back out onto the trail.  MY HERO!  :)  So, here's a story to share with the bikers and hikers and anyone else who protests horses being allowed on "their" trail...those horse people, especially pit crews in this case, could just come in handy sometime!!  Here's to you, Nelson.  I am proud that you are my husband and my pit crew and by the way, Happy Anniversary, Dear!
And here's to you, Jenny and Max...I wouldn't get near the joy and satisfaction out of being in this much pain and agony if it weren't for you guys there to share it with me!  :)  And many thanks to Cam and Shannon who, even though they came in ahead of us, were gracious enough to come off their horses a total of 3 times between the 2 of them.  That made me feel much better about myself!  :)
Many thanks also to Jay and Becke Grams and Darryl and Beth Yerrick for a terrific ride AGAIN.  My apologies for leaving early but we FROZE our butts the night before and were really looking forward to getting home before dark and sleeping in our own warm beds last night!!  Besides, we were exhausted.  :)
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!
Maggie (and Mashallah AlMalik)