Saddle Info??

> I have come across a used western style endurance saddle, and wonder >
if> anyone can tell me anything about it.   It has a leather tab that >
says'The American'    801.   I

American Saddlery is here in Chattanooga, about a block down the road
from Big Horn.  They tend to make almost identical products, except
American is more of an economy model.  You sort of have to watch them for
bad leather, etc.  The tree is if I'm not mistaken, the exact same tree
as the Big Horn endurance saddle.  It's technically full Quarter Horse
bars but when we tried the bare tree on several horses it fit a very
middle of the road Arab best.  On our stocky Appaloosa it dug in some in
the loins from being too narrow.  The stirrups are mounted pretty far
forward.  You can usually expect them to be priced cheaper than a Big
Horn.  If it's holding up pretty well so far, it may be one of their
better ones and will be fine.  The ones that they've used a bad hide on
are pretty easy to spot after just a little wear.  I've seen the good
ones hold up every bit as well as the Big Horns.  By the way, I think the
801 maybe the 16" seat model. I think the 15" is the 800.

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.