Re: RC: Rider Fitness

Dear Wendy,

Your post ispired me!!!  I am an on again, off again jogger, and one of my resolutions this year is to jog regularly.  (I did a couple slow marathons a few years ago and would love to get fit again.)  My husband got a Totalgym for Christmas and he gently urged my to give it a try too, and boy does my upper body need it.  But I said NO, for now I'm only concentrating on riding and jogging regularly.  Well, you changed my mind and inspired me!  See what a post will do when it comes at the right time?!  I bet you encouraged some others, too.

Also, I'm new at distance riding and have a POA mare.  We're going to attempt our first LD at Fire Mtn in one week.  I live in Inyokern and I'm keeping my eyes open for a good horse for a newbie  to  do endurance on.  Let me know if you happen to know of any in our locality now or in the future.

Thanks for the motivation!

Linda Dewees     quiltrider@hotmail.com