Re: RE: Hackamores & Cavessons

I think the purpose of a cavesson is to keep the horse's jowl substantially closed so that they cannot open their mouth to escape the action of the bit.
I've heard this said so often and I can't understand this.  If a cavesson is CORRECTLY FITTED it will have no action on the jaw at all.  How on earth do some people fit their cavessons?!?
Tracey