Re: RC: Concurrent Rides

garyfend@pacbell.net writes:

> Its also opening day of deer season.  Is there anything in AERC rules
>  about carrying a gun?  What about FEI rules?

AERC rules leave it up to the Ride Manager, whether or not a rider may carry
a gun.  Most managers require the rider to pass a sobriety test, which I can
normally pass before noon, and a urinalysis test, which I'm able to provide
quite easily after noon.

FEI, on the other hand, does not allow gun possession of any kind.  This is
because of the International aspect of the sport, and for the protection of
the riders from France.

cya,
Howard