Re: RC: Re: Biltmore Blues

Jim,
Actually, when heart monitors first started being used, they had to be
turned off before you went to P&R at all the rides I went to. Had nothing to
do with who could afford them. It was ride management not wanting their
helpers having to argue with riders about their readings differing from the
P&R person. I haven't heard anyone make an issue of it for a long time, but
I'd guess at FEI rides they wouldn't want to take chances. With continental
&/world championships at stake arguing over a minute is much more likely,
I'd say.
As far as I know, there is no AERC rule about the right to use heart
monitors. A lot of the differences seem to be concerning differences of what
is customarily done under AERC rules rather than what the rules specifically
proscribe rides to do.
Nancy Mitts