Thorougbreds

Matthew Mackay-Smith was able to get the best from both the Arab and
Thoroughbred breeds when he won both the Old Dominion and Tevis Cup on an
Anglo/Arab in 1995. Buffalo Bill, the first 1,000 mile Tevis Cup horse was a
TB Cross. The Haggin Cup has been won twice by Thoroughbred crosses.
I attended the Kentucky Derby the year Seattle Slew won the Triple Crown and
it is thrilling beyond words to see it in person.  But yes, they are still
babies and some hold-up and some are not so lucky.  Racing's most popular
star has been rediscovered with the publication of SEABISCUIT, AN AMERICAN
LEGEND.  It is superb reading and I still have the scrapbook of his pictures
that I collected as a child from the sporting green. I bet nobody else on
ridecamp can make that claim.  Seabiscuit ran in the 30's.   Julie Suhr