RE: RC: Do I need 4WD? Dully?

DreamWeaver nvrider@home.com
Karen, you might point out you live in the desert where rain
soaks into the ground and disappears within a day or two
which might account for you not using the 4WD.  Oh, and there
is the point about having more experience trailering than the
average bear.  ;-)

***

<BG>  Don't I wish!!!!  I live at over 5,000' elevation, and we have mud for weeks on end. (you don't wanna hear my farrier whine about it!)  Just last Friday, we got over 8 inches of snow.....the mud can be pretty bad here, deep and it's slick.  But I do park the trailer in gravel during the winter if I think that we have to worry about bad weather, or else I"ll pull it out ---cuz it could indeed get stuck in the mud if I didn't time it right.  I have used the 4WD in the truck driving around town, but haven't needed it for hauling yet -- just lucky so far :+).  Having gone to rides with friends during bad weather, it's very clear that the dually with a gooseneck (even without 4WD!) is a lot more stable than some other rig setups---I'll bet I'd have used 4WD several times if I was hauling a camper and bumper pull.  My philosophy is that if it's too muddy for the rig, then it's too muddy to ride my horse in it.  I'll ride in anything but feel that mud is risky and try to avoid it at all costs....there will be other rides but only one Weaver and Rocky.  (yeah, so I'm a woos!) <G>   Besides, it's really no fun cleaning everything up after you've been thru a lot of mud, is it? :+D   Karen