RE: Cow Hocked

tom sites goearth@shentel.net
Hello,  I have a horse that is the most Cow Hocked i have ever seen.  Tho, after many years of trying he never made the grade in endurance, it was not due to his hind legs.  He has done a 10 hour hundred only to be pulled at the finish for thumps.  All these maladys that this horse experienced during his endurance career had NOTHING to do with his being cow hocked.  He has never interferred or had a lameness problem and has been an absolute joy to ride. And unless Dr Deb can convince me that the hind legs are connected to the metabolic i'd say it didn't affect this one.  Every horse has some problem somewhere if you look far enough.  Personally, i would be more concerned about metabolics being a problem in an endurance horse than being cow hocked. tomsites