Beet Pulp

I have a 17 yr old gelding that lost weight this winter. I put him on Senior
diet thinking that would help.  It didn't do as much as I thought so I
started to add corn oil.  His weight gain isn't improving with a cup a day,
should I add more or isthere something else I can add?  I know how popular
beet pulp is on this list.  I cannot find it ANYWHERE here, is there a place
that I could order it and have it shipped to me?  Or is there something else
I should try, maybe rice bran?  Any suggestions welcome...

Thanks,
Angie Nathe