Egyptian ride and deep digital flexor tendon

I found the description of the Egyptian ride fascinating - it's kind of like peeking into the kitchen when invited to a formal banquet!

With the tendon - take your time and do a really long, hard assessment.  My gelding sprained his, and after a year of 24 hour turnout, although he was sound in the pasture at a walk and trot, he was still "off" enough while being ridden to never do endurance again.  He is happily carrying a family of young girls in hunter equitation classes now, which probably suits his personality a lot better, anyway (not sure if his Arab sensibilities liked the braiding of his mane, though!).  We have lots of deep sand in Michigan, and he couldn't take the constant pull.