Red Shoes

Just a stupid question here.  We were watching  the Tevis video with
friends, and someone in the video had red easy boots on.  It looked like
maybe the horse was getting pulled. Then my friends were saying, "Is that
blood on the feet? Is the horse bleeding?" We weren't sure if there was
blood and easy boots, or just red easy boots.  Why do they have red easy
boots? Besides black, don't they make another color? Does it make
veterinarians look suspiciously at the horse because of the red--like a red
flag in front of a bull?  Beth