wormer oops

I have 3 geldings that are on a regular worming schedule that includes
rotation of the chemicals used. I did a 5 day panacur purge for the encysted
worms at the beginning of the month. The one horse had been gelded about 6
weeks ago. He had required bute for a couple weeks to keep him moving - it
snowed right after he was cut and he stiffened up- but other than a slight
weight loss he was back to normal, bouncing around like an idiot. A few days
after the worming was finished he showed colic signs and was dehydrated.
Banamine and an IV got him back on his feet and he is improving but still
lethargic. Bloodwork showed anemia and low white cell count. The other horses
are fine. I didn't realize his system could still be run down and how
stressful worming can be. Poor Knothead probably thinks I'm trying to kill
him.

                                              Shelly