Pot Bellied horse

I have a question for all you wise ones!  I have a 4 yr old Arab that
has been wormed on time since I bought him last July however he has a
pot belly still.   I just recently wormed him with Zimectrin and followed up
about a week later with Strongid.  Could this be just from being on hay all
winter?  I am considering trying Strongid daily but I don't know if that is
the best thing either.  My vet said that a lot of horses that have a pot
belly get rid of it on a daily however I have also heard that it is not good
on the horse.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Angie Nathe