Re: RC: OrthoFlex questions and SS comments

--- "guest@endurance.net" <guest@endurance.net> wrote:
> Deanna German dgerman@earthlink.net
>
> No sore spots, nice
> even sweat pattern and a dry channel over the spine,
> horse very happy. My horse is not conformed like
> hers (my mare's back is longer) so maybe I won't
> have the loin soreness problem? (Opinions please...)

That has been my experience as well.  It works great
on our two horses with longer backs (still
proportional for them), not as well on the
shorter-backed guy.

> So here are my questions: how important is that dry
> channel over the spine? Any of you put a pad between
> the booties and the horse? If so, why? What type of
> pad are you using? It would be nice if I could come
> up with something that would keep the booties clean,
> but not negate the benefits.

The dry channel = no pressure...  If you are getting a
get spine without pressure, you are also ok...

I like natural wool against my horse - I'm using an
eglish-fleece length woolback pad with my OF Express
Lites on 2 horses.  The third prefers the booties -
gets grumpy when I put the woolback on him.  I don't
know why.  The Woolback pad works very well & no
problems with the pad slipping.  I had to smile when
you spoke of keepoing the booties clean.  They ARE
your pad & they're washable.  I have several and one
set is always drying while the others are ready to go.

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV - no too very far from Ohio!