From: Bette Lamore [mailto:woa@stormnet.com]
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2001 7:42 AM
To: Kathy Mayeda
Cc: C. Osborne; Scott & Dede Johnson; ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: Re: RC: .....Polish vs Egyptian

Hi Kathy
Although my Russian horses are flattered by the comment about how their
heads are prettier than the Polish, I think that *Bask and his
descendants might have an argument there  ;-) They also might quibble
about the racing thing since Polish horses have dominated the US in
racing for years (while the Russians like *Muscat were winning in
halter). Russians develop slower and so were pretty much too immature
for all the 3 year old sweepstakes-- the Polish matured much faster. In
Europe, however, the Janov and Tersk studs waged a race to determine
race superiority-- guess what-- the Bolsheviks won! In short, it is not
that clear-cut. There are LINES of Russians who did just as well in
halter and LINES of Polish that did very well in racing (just ask Sharon
Magness)! And there are LINES in Egyptian that blew the pants off
everyone else in racing--- and we won't even get into the FRENCH!
Bette

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of 16.2hh TLA Halynov