Scarey moment:

Why does this subject have to come up?
I have been listening to all of your close calls and not
saying much until today.
I was a manager of a CTR on last Sunday so had the great
pleasure of going back out onto the trails to take down
pie plates and ribbons today. As I was tacking up my very green
horse I heard loud peeling of tires on the blacktop road below the
park trails. 2 minutes later I had a car going 50 mph (in a 15 mph posted
road) around a short curve in a gravel road coming towards us one way and
another trying to
go around the same road in the opposite direction. I stepped into the
road
and yelled at the one car to slow down. He sped on by me. The other did
veer off.
I did call park headquarters
as I felt that some one way going to get hurt big time. The cars were
never to be seen again.
      On a  second note I would like to tell you about something way
cool.
I posted last Sept about the young horse that I had bought then that some
issues.
Today we went out on trail by ourselves( have been riding him in groups
and arena
work) We saw a flock of turkeys and plenty of deer. On top of that he
quickly figured
out what Mom wanted  by carring 2 canvas bags and let me take down lots
of
pie plates and ribbons. I never thought that he would be ready at this
time  to do
that . He even allowed me to pick up ribbon off of the ground with a
stick. 3 months
ago he would tense up at me just raising a hand to scratch my nose.
Some of you from Central region will be seeing him later this summer.
Casper 's the
name.

Pat   Razzel and Casper from Kansas