Re: RC: RE: Saddle Innovations

In a message dated 4/8/01 10:56:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bobmorris@rmci.net writes:

> I still contend (contentious old bastard that I am) that you ride the horse
>  not the saddle. With out the horse, what good is the saddle unless it is on
>  a bicycle?

Hey Bob, we're not going to open that fish riding the bicycle can again, are
we?

Then thing is I need the saddle.  My bareback riding days are long gone and
since I ride a giraffe I definitely need something that will help me get up
there and help me stay on a horse that never stands still.  All my saddles
have a rope ladder attached to the left side which turns into a really cool
looking breast collar that I hook up after I get on. When I get too old to
climb up that ladder I'm planning on renting a cherry picker to lift me up
there.

My type of saddle varies.  But one thing they all have in common is they are
used and purchased from a "picky woman" who just didn't like the way it fit
her or her horse.  Reasons for rejecting the saddle include making her butt
look too big, the color didn't match her tights, the extra weight made her
look heavy, the girth was too tight or too loose, the stirrups hurt her feet,
the pommel was in the way, the cantle was too high or too low, the tree was
too stiff, not enough rings, too many rings..........

cya,
Howard (the "poster boy" for imperfection)