UAE INVITE

RIDECAMPERS: The Arabs have been coming to the Tevis for many years. Riders
from Jordan, UAE , Saudi Arabia,& Qatar. They know what the Tevis is all
about. I remember one Tevis I rode several years ago when I passed two Arabs
on the long climb to Devils Thumb. I was riding my horse but they were both
off their horses leading them up the mountain. They were dressed in their
native clothing with the traditional head-dress. I saw them at the first and
second Vet Checks also. I don"t think they finished that year. The Tevis has
always been an International Ride. They always have some Foreign Riders. The
Tevis will never be a joint FEI/Tevis Ride! They don't need the FEI to muddy
up the waters so to speak. After reading some of the excerpts from the FEI
Rule book that Bob Morris sent us in his post. About making the ride easier
if necessary. Changing the Trail to make it easier! I  think the U.S.
Forrest Service would frown upon the Tevis if they leveled Cougar Rock for
instance. The Tevis will be All/American always. Hope Lundquist