Re: RC: Funny/Sad

Hi Annie
Nothing funny about loco-weed. Our pasture in New Cuyama was FULL of it
and I spent HOURS--- sometimes WHOLE DAYS out there pulling it out by
it's roots! Even though horses usually won't eat it, if one does, he
becomes addicted and eats it until he no longer cares for anything else
and actually hallucinates. I saw it as my "enemy" and you will laugh,
but I went back to my old flower child days in college when I read
Carlos Castabeda's A Separate Reality, Further Conversations with Don
Juan and tried to use Yaqui ways of "reaching out and locating" the
little sprouts--- they became my enemy! Honestly I became a fanatic
about search and destroy and by the time we left, those 120 acres of
land had NOT ONE little loco weed sprout on them. I guess by now you can
tell there was not a heck of a lot to do in New Cuyama! :-)
Bette

Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of 16.2hh TLA Halynov
(Yes, really 16.2!)
http://www.arabiansporthorse.com